This came about from an original 21 Day Fix-approved recipe for Eggroll in a Bowl.
I accidentally bought broccoli slaw instead of coleslaw mix the first time I made it, and I ended up liking it so much, I decided to use broccoli slaw from then on!
It’s my go-to warm bowl of protein and veggies. I make a batch for the week and then I’m good to go.
Turkey broccoli slaw
- 1 16 ounce package Jennie-O Extra Lean ground turkey
- 1 18 ounce package O Organics broccoli slaw
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (rice, cider, wine)
- Cook the ground turkey on high until done and remove from pan, leaving the drippings.
- Turn heat to medium; add onion and olive oil to the pan and saute a minute or two, then add broccoli slaw and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add cooked ground turkey, coconut aminos, and vinegar.
- Simmer on low for a few more minutes.
- The original recipe called for soy sauce, I believe, but I changed it to liquid aminos since I’m watching my sodium.
- Optional garnishes: chopped red pepper, chopped green onion, toasted sesame seeds.
- Want more protein? Top with a fried egg!
- Want more carbs? Serve over brown rice, quinoa, diced sweet potato.
- You can also spice it up with mustard, Tabasco, or Mrs. Dash.
- Tastes better the day after cooking.