I love steel cut oatmeal anyway, so this wasn’t much of a challenge…
My cholesterol levels are starting to creep up, and I wondered why.
I went on an oatmeal wave a few years back, when my cholesterol levels were at their lowest, so I think it’s time to get back on it again.
It’s really easy to make a batch on Sunday that you can use through the week!
Steel cut oatmeal
- 1 cup organic steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon PB2
- Put oats and water in a rice cooker (I love my Zojirushi) and set it to Porridge.
- When it’s done cooking, scoop into 5 tupperware containers.
- For each serving, heat it up in the microwave for about a minute or so. Mix in PB2.
- Yep, that’s right, no sugar of any kind. But I love adding PB2 for a little protein boost, and that yummy essence of peanut butter without all the fat!