As a writer in the tech industry, I’m in front of my laptop many hours a day. When I want a break from sitting or standing at a desk, I’ll sit in bed and work.
I used to use just a regular ol’ “breakfast in bed” tray, but when I saw the Sofia + Sam Multi Tasking Laptop Bed Tray, I knew I had to upgrade! Here’s what I love about it.
The Sofia + Sam Multi Tasking Laptop Bed Tray
First off, can I just say I love this thing?
It seriously brings the common breakfast tray into the 21st century.
What I love
- It’s quite sturdy. Getting in and out of bed won’t make the tray (or anything on the tray) tip over.
- I got it in the Natural finish, which was a little darker than I expected. I would say it’s a warmer tone. Still beautiful, and it matches my bedroom’s cherry furniture just fine!
- It supports a 15″ MacBook Pro (shown in photos here) with no problems.
- There are three levels of incline. I initially thought I would only use it with my laptop computer, but I find it’s also quite comfortable when I’m using my iPad, too!
- The slots for a tablet and cell phone easily accommodate devices with cases. Both my iPad Pro 9.7 and my iPhone 7 Plus shown here are wearing cases.
- The slots for a tablet and cell phone both are open underneath, so you can used them corded. Nice touch!
- The little drawer on the right side doesn’t pull all the way out, which I like. I use it for pencils and that tiny little Apple TV remote that I can never find otherwise.
- The mousepad material is pretty nice and slightly cushy when you press down on it.
What could be better
- It’s heavier than my old bed tray and therefore a little harder to move around.
- If you put your iPad/iPhone into their slots, you can’t access the Home button. A bit inconvenient, but not a huge deal for me.
As you can see, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
Have a question? Post a comment below and I’ll reply as soon as I can. Thanks for reading!
Check it out on Amazon: Sofia + Sam Multi Tasking Laptop Bed Tray