Something about Oprah’s latest TV commercial for Weight Watchers, in which she says, “let’s let 2016 be the year of our best bodies,” really resonated with me.
Yes, I can make 2016 the year of my best body! I can do this!
I actually started my fitness journey last year, but I’m more determined than ever to keep going, trust the process, and get stronger.
Here are some of the things I’m doing to get there.
- Work out every day, and make sure strength training is part of the schedule. So far, that means alternating weeks of 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme. I love these workouts so much. Each program includes cardio, weight training, Pilates, and yoga. I’ve pretty much broken up with my treadmill at this point — it helped me lose weight, but now I want to get lean and strong.
- Log my food every day in MyFitnessPal. I’m currently going for 1,400 calories a day, with macros at 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat.
- Eat cleaner. That includes more organic and unprocessed food, more fish, more veggies, less wheat, less sugar, less sodium. I use the 21 Day Fix food plan as my guide.
- Indulge every week. I have one cheat meal a week, usually Saturday lunch, when I can eat whatever I want. This usually means a cheeseburger and fries, plus something sweet for dessert. I thoroughly enjoy my cheat meals, and then I get right back on the program!
- Get my body fat tested every quarter. How will I know if I’m making progress if I don’t get tested? I plan to get a dexa scan every three months or so to check on how I’m doing.
I’m already in better shape now that I was in my 20s. But there is more to do…
Just to make everything all official, here’s a photo I took today, and what I’ll use as my baseline this year.
And here I go!
P.S. Have a question about my fitness journey, or possibly starting your own? Post a comment below!